August 23, 2013

Day One...

With two incredibly busy kids running around our house, it is beginning to get BUSY.  I feel like I have a new story to tell everyday.  After the week we had last week, my mom and sister suggested that I start blogging everything that goes on in our little family.  So, here goes nothing.

I will start with the inspiration for this blog. Last Monday I was busy folding clothes in the living room when Clay noticed that Cutter had been too quiet for too long.  We found him in Brooklyn's room looking like this...
Cutter had been in Brooklyn's makeup and spread lip gloss all over his face.  When we first saw him, we thought it was blood.  Clay wiped some off and smelled it to realize it was only lipgloss.  Cutter definitely thought it was more fun to put on than it was to take off.

Tuesday didn't disappoint with action either.  While I was unloading the dishwasher after supper I hear the kids laughing and playing in Cutter's room.  Most parents might assume all was well and be happy their children were playing so nicely together.  I will admit that was my thought until I walked in and saw this...
I'm still not 100% sure how he got up there or what he was even looking for.  I asked Brooklyn how he did that and she matter of factly told me, "He just climbed."  She is a wealth of knowledge.  Being the great mom that I am, I immediately took him down after I snapped a photo to post on my instagram.  

After two days of craziness, I was beginning to question the importance of housework and moved into Wednesday.  I don't even remember what was going on when Cutter yelled for us to "look."
Ignore the pile of tractors missing their tires.  That has become the norm around here.  He was so excited he got his diaper basket down and filled his room with powder.  Thankfully that was a fairly easy cleanup and his room smelled good for the rest of the evening (that's my silver lining). Haha

Well three days in, and Thursday HAS to be better...right??  Brooklyn woke up Thursday morning with a stiff neck.  She complained about it off and on through the day. So, when we got home that afternoon I sat down to rub it for her.  Cutter ran off to play in the other living room.  I didn't follow him (first mistake on my part).  Then he got quiet (have I learned nothing from the rest of the week).  I walked in to find that he had again climbed to the top shelf of the shelves and got the BLUE sidewalk chalk.  He had drawn a beautiful (silver lining remember) picture on our beige carpet.  Thankfully again this cleaned up fairly easy.

So, that was the week that inspired this little blog.  I'm sure with these two cute little people, I will never be looking for things to share.  They may keep us incredibly busy, but I can't imagine life without them.  

~Morgan

I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. 1 Samuel 1:27


1 comment:

  1. Just think of the fun to come!!!! He is his father's child!! It's almost a replay of life to hear and read about your days. Love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete