August 28, 2013

Hairstyles

Brooklyn was blessed with beautiful hair.  The perfect shade of red/brown and perfect curls.  I will take responsibility for the curls even though mine aren't near as pretty as hers.  We still aren't completely sure about where the color came from (twice). :)  Well, since she is beginning to be interested in all things GIRl, we have started experimenting with her hair.  Occasionally I will straighten it with my straightener, use a curling iron, or hot rollers.  She is loving this hair styling but I completely realize that I am creating a monster.

I really noticed it for the first time on July 4th.  My sister-in-law made the comment that she had only seen pictures of Brooklyn with straight hair so I told her we would straighten it for the parade on the 4th.  Once I mentioned that to Brooklyn she was so excited.  So, we woke up in time to work on her hair.  It really doesn't take too much effort, but a little longer than normal.  She was loving it when we were finished and had no trouble posing for a few photos.





Fast forward to lunch after the parade.  My mother-in-law had filled up her little pool for the kids to play in the backyard while we fixed lunch (always a hit).  However, Brooklyn knew if her hair got wet, the curls would be back.  So, she was doing everything she could to not get her hair wet.  Obviously, boys don't understand this huge dilemma (nor would they care), so Cutter and the cousins just ran and jumped in the pool to have fun.  Well, Noah accidentally got her hair wet and her hair was ruined.  She cried and carried on for a few minutes until I promised her we could redo it before we headed back out for the fireworks that afternoon.  I couldn't be too upset with her meltdown, because I knew exactly how she felt.  haha

We've had several other discussions since then about her hair and how it should or shouldn't be fixed.  I had kind of forgotten about the 4th of July trauma until this week when she educated me on the "side ponytail." That particular day, she really wanted a side ponytail with a braid and didn't mind sitting still (for most of it).  When we were finished she really liked how it looked but had one comment, "Its cute, but side ponytails really look better with blonde hair."  And so our hair troubles begin at the age of 4.  While I blame myself, I thought surely I had until junior high to prepare for this.  This is a picture of her side ponytail after an 8 hour day of playing. 

~Morgan

1 comment:

  1. Her hair is beautiful no matter how it is fixed. She is beautiful and too cute with her comments!!!!

    ReplyDelete