September 1, 2013

Rules

I'm glad that Brooklyn is understanding the need for rules and knows that we have them.  She isn't 100% sure about following them all the time, but at least she knows they are there.  Very often, she brings up random conversations with Clay and I.  A couple of days ago while I was cleaning up the dishes from supper she wanted to talk about the rules at lunchtime at Mrs. Rhonda's house.  I guess they had been discussing how they were "supposed" to fix their plates according to Mrs. Rhonda's "rule lady" (her term), Mrs. Fisher.  She said, "They were supposed to fix their own plates, but that is a crazy idea."  I have a feeling I know Rhonda's opinion about Mrs. Fisher's rules.  haha  She went on to say we don't have rules like that at our house, but that we do have some.  I was impressed that she is realizing our rules and was anxious to hear what she thinks they are.  So, I told her she was right and that no, I won't make her fix her plate from a hot pan.  I did ask her what our house rules are.  This was her list.....

1. Don't break things in the bathtub.
2. Don't break Daddy's things.
3. Don't break stuff that's not yours.

And that was it.  Apparently I need to remind her of some of the other rules of the house.  But, in the meantime we will just be content living with all of our unbroken things.  :)


~ Morgan


1 comment:

  1. How funny that she knows there are rules and her interpretation of them!!!! Out of the mouth of babes!

    ReplyDelete