September 3, 2013

Our Weekend

This past Saturday the kids and I braved a trip to Lubbock by ourselves while Clay had to work.  Our mission was new clothes and shoes for the fall.  So, I guess it didn't really matter that Clay had to work because I'm pretty sure he would not be up for a day of shopping.  Thankfully, Cutter still thinks shopping is okay. 

We started out the day great and only had minor tears in Kohls because I made Brooklyn try everything on before we decided to buy it.  I absolutely get why they put the toy aisles right next to the kids clothes, but it really makes my job hard when we are on a shopping mission.  I asked Brooklyn for a picture here in her new outfit that she picked out all by herself, but it wasn't happening.  So, we moved on to our FIRST trip to Target of the day.  The kids did okay there but were getting ready for lunch.  I let Brooklyn pick and of course she chose Rosas (her favorite).  After they both ate and ate and ate....we made our way to the SECOND Target trip.  In my defense, the first one was out of Cutter's size of diapers so the second trip was out of necessity.  Haha

It was there that we started the hunt for Brooklyn some new tennis shoes.  It took us several stops but we finally found a pair at Shoe Carnival.  Cutter loved this stop.
This is the pair of shoes we ended up with compared to my tennis shoe.  I can't imagine how tall Brooklyn is going to be if she grows into these feet.
Since dance starts back today we had to get new tap shoes.  That was quick and easy and Brooklyn decided now was the time to pose.
I had promised them all day long that if they were good we could go play at the park by the Lubbock house.  So, at the heat of the day, we stopped by the house to lather up with sunscreen and go play.
After 30 minutes of playing in the heat we were all hot, tired, and ready to head home.  So, after a quick stop by Chick-fil-a for a cookie and lemonade we headed home.

Overall, the kids did great and we had fun.  I got the kids several things for the fall/winter so now we just need the temperature to cool down to something below 95.

After all the fun we had Saturday, Sunday was very low key.  After church everyone but me napped while I caught up on laundry and a few chores around the house.


~Morgan



1 comment: